He is used as a Deus Ex Machina,so unreal Also, powerful women destroy men. I wrote more or less of the same thing you said,before reading yours. I don't know if the writer wants, but I am very certain that I do want a second season. misty korean drama ending explained ; d (Misty Ep. Here, we shall answer all your questions regarding the drama. I didn't like that the answer seemed to be "not" by the end. That being said it has been both an honor and a privilege to watch this show with you and I'm glad I could read your thoughts. Its obvious that he didnt want to share GHR with KL (which is justified), but it also ends with his possible suicide (the whole closing eyes, misty tunnel, fast driving) because he hated how GHR now perceived him as being imperfect. By Srijoni Rudra. Some are bittersweet and some are just like Misty where you are left baffled with what you saw in the end. " Its with our choices in life how we decide whats gonna be..the righteous, protecting, honest principled husband? Suspicious Partners, Stranger (fist season, the antagonist). I became so emotionally invested and I never regret it. Even if MW is the writer's mouthpiece, this ending still left me feeling shortchanged. Here TW's case is different, and I would draw a parallel rather to Kevin Lee's wife. He tells her that people cant really pinpoint the exact thing thats wrong in their lives theyre all just trying to survive each day. However, he learn nothing in those long years in prison. Hye ran would have been ruined, but the true story would have gotten out. But the last episode sigh! *Hye Ran's status as femme fatale is almost totally a product of how the men in her life put her on that pedestal. If the point is "this is not binay, you can have both" and wishing there was *also* (the FL had this as her dramatic flaw) a well adjusted female character with both a great career and happy interpersonal relationships in this drama, I would be onboard. The decent thing to do was to at least let him know about the abortion plan first. Shakes fist at lazy writers. You sop right Mary!!!!!! Who can forget the awesome and passionate chemistry of Kim Nam-Joo as Go Hye-Ran and Ji Jin-Hee as Kang Tae-Wook as a middle aged couple. Seriously, if she were a man, she wouldnt have gotten a lot of the criticisms she went through. :D It's definitely worth the watch just to see the amazing cast - particularly the two main leads. Is it so hard to portray a powerful woman? The k-drama stars "My Wife's Having an Affair this Week" fame Lee Sun Kyung, "Hotel Del Luna" fame Lee Ji . but I totally missed the car crash sound and woowwwwwwww, I should've had my coffee before reading this recap. The only satifying part was Manager Lee giving the Dummy Detective the much-deserved yelling for his shoddy investigation. That's true.She was gonna reveal him on the show at that time that's why he was supposed to be a guest. Ha Myung-woo. He had spent 19 years in prison, over half of his life so what difference does it make if prison continued being his life. Queens of facial expressions. I must say that the opposite (busy man with miserable home life) is pretty much a trope in and of itself, so finding a work with these features is pretty much like fishing in a bucket -if we tone down the toxic mix of self pithy and self righteouness it would be pretty evident-. It all started to go wrong after Myung Woo confessed because suddenly the distance between Hye Ran and Tae Wook became unassailable. Lacklustre is one word. The ending was a disappointment because it made everything she had previously fought for seem useless because clearly, after finding out about her husband, she wasn't going to be happy. mary: You have to give it to them. The issue with that is that it was factually *not* true as per cam footage. I remember stumbling upon it during the airing of its first four episodes and yeah, I knew from that moment that I finished those first four that I'll be head over heels in love with this drama. And thank you for not camping outside our doors with a sign saying Its your fault for making me watch this.. All the poor dude wanted to hear from his wife was "Well done! I'm not happy with the ending, no I meant the ending made me feel sad and gloomy. I mean why couldn't he hv just taken responsibility 4 his actio s instead allowing MW to do dat? Lee Ji-eun as Lee Ji-an without the IU's halo (Photo Credit: NewOnNetflix) My Mister (sometimes titled My Ajusshi and in Hangul) has been on my Netflix feed for the longest time. His name? mary: Im sure all the Misty beanies are itching to share their thoughts in detail, so heres what happened this week, to help us make sense of the last few minutes. This guy sure knows how to kick a person when they're down. 2022-03-17 00:15:20 1244 views. "Beyond passionate romance, I would like to depict unpretentious love, be it a married couple's love or that of an extramarital affair," he said, adding "This is more than just a gripping story." I just finished watching Misty and all I can say isalthough I'm pretty speechless right nowI was truly blown away by its writing, direction, and cinematography from beginning to end. I was waiting for this thread, not even to be spoiled, since I avoid reading it and go directly to the comments' section. I think it is safe to say, the same applies to dramas or movies. Then the annoyance came back when detective stopped by to give Tae Wook one last nudge just before TW's drive to the interview. Is this sarcasm like Are you happy you make me kill Kevin and make me kill myself? Or is this the drama selling misplaced emotion as ultimate love Are you happy I sacrificed myself so that you can remain spotless?. It stars Jang Ki-Yong, Chae Soo-bin, and . Tae-wook shoves him into a wall in anger and walks away, but Kevins head hits the wall hard enough to kill him, and he slumps to the ground. However, I give props to the writer for actually hinting at and following through with the male lead as the culprit. He scrupulously cleans off any evidence that he was in Kevins car but fails to notice Hye-rans brooch was left behind. Also in the list of satisfying things? The show had the last chance to redeem itself even if they had to make Tae Wook die. And Misty as a show will also stay with me for a while and while I have conflicting feelings about the last few episodes I definitely have FEELINGS so nobody can say that this show was boring. That's the slowest rushed ending in history. You will receive a link to create a new password via email. sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna. After reading the post however, I realised I pretty much had similar thoughts/ questions. I thought she was going to reveal the truth on her show, so the whole him dying made no sense for me. But she kept quiet about it the whole day until she saw Myung-woo. For an example of the opposite, I would cite Start Up or Itaewon class, with powerful females having both love and career. Do not misunderstand me, I love Hye-ran as a character. Ultimately, Spike's TV series The Mist failed.Given the lack of movement on the show moving to another network or platform like Netflix, The Mist season 2 looks very doubtful. I wanted Tae Wook to be stronger, and Myung Woo was strong in the wrong, delusional way. In the early hours of the morning, Director Jang finds Hye-ran drunk and crying nside the studio. I mean, she could've talked about with him, he would've said no, she would've done it anyway (I hope) and the result would've been the same. He was confident of his love at first but as they grew further apart, he felt more pathetic. She did not try to pathetically pin it all on her husband, she understood they had different expectations. In this drama, I'm disapointed by the couple Hye Ran and Tae Wook. Seems only Money Flower had a satisfying ending recently from the shows I've seen. The show wrapped up several loose threads and concluded on a bittersweet note. The story, the cast, everything about it was amazing. Please enter your username or email address. Hmm i dont think i wanted them to be holding hands on a beach. Tons of movies with the roles reversed, "A single rider" being the best one (the point being about money/success being bad and corrupting the lives of everyone around you -anti-capitalist bs in my eyes, as I think people can and should strive to have it all-). Id rather have seen Hye Ran deliver the bombshell that Tae wook was Kevins killer. I guess prisons were full with all the innocent men/women he sent there over the years . I am not that annoyed at the ending, except for the hard fact that Tae Wook was indeed the killer, even though I vehemently wanted to deny that. Ok, so Tae Wook is the killer. .but nothing really happened in the last two episodes.There were too many monologues and everything slowed down. I think like most people on this thread is a little stunned by the ending and wish that it could have been done better. I have to admit that the still shot of the leading actress (as shown in the picture above) is not too convincing . Only thing I hope that since TW died, at least HR should tell the truth regarding his involvement in the case so that at least MW is spared the death sentence or life imprisonment, yes he did kill kevin's manager. Her actions have an effect on other people. By the way, is there any blog that capture Hye Ran style? Bring back the old Hye Ran! This isn't quite as bad as the ending of Black which negated the entire drama, but it's still really bad. Had she always been jealous of Hyeran? Closing episode 12 with In-Hye's written letter was very cute and made the drama have a satisfying ending. Kang reached the car and managed to save and get out alive Ra El. Lets talk about the happy stuff! There was no magnetic pull to his actions/ motivations. We can probably pick any satisfactory theory from the past Open Thread comments, but the show made such a big to-do about it, youd think theyd give us a little hint in the finale. In her private life, Hye Ran was the opposite of what she vowed to uphold in her job. Cone heads are everywhere this week. The series ends as we see Kim returning to her normal life. *It ran out of gas, got a flat tire, in the rain, stuck in the mud and youve lost a shoe, in a area with zero cellphone reception. When you are doing stuff like not being by your mother's deathbed to get an interview, stopping and thinking about whether you are on the right path and what you are doing is rational seems perfectly sane (maybe she hated her and it's ok, for example). This drama is a Crime Suspense centering around a headstrong anchorwoman who becomes the suspect in a murder case. Misty, the brand new K-drama with a suspenseful story of passion and crime, intrigued us as soon as we heard about the top-star billing of Kim Nam Joo and Ji. Myung Woo's self-sacrifice continued his love and protector role for Hye Ran. That's the show's thesis statement. People were just doing things. Yes, Hyeran had "principles" and preached about facts and truth, but she was also, like most humans at the end of the day, ambitious and selfish. I mean that's such a waste of a strong willed character after all that talk about truth and facts also after what happened with myung-woo in the past and everything they went through ,they just repeat it? He married an ambitious woman for love and it was a disaster. Whatever. She deserved to be understood, not abandoned. I meant having the abortion without informing him. Hye ran.. what can I say? It wouldn't have been a 'tragedy' if there was any possibility that he might've actually done it. EXACTLY, in the end I totally don't find any of these men in Hyeran's life swoony for "protecting" her. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, Was she looking for social justice or simply her own social ladder? Too many dramas have terrible endings. I do not understand this talk about Hye-ran's principles. It was fitting that Tae-wook was the killer (NOT murderer - that was obviously a manslaughter, not murder) and that Myung-woo took the fall. See how shitty that sounds? Hye-ran is absolutely awesome, but she is no saint. When Myung Woo understood her ambition and accepted her like she was (he knew her childhood and understood why) even if it meant that he would only be a "tool" for her. In-Hye always had a plan for her family . But episode 15 changed for me. !, Exactly how I feel right now! Totally agree about recommending this show. one last thing I'd like to add: Officer Kang is truly THE worst. I dont know why writers are so preoccupied with having a killer twist or unexpected ending. SO TRAGIC. The Korean drama "Misty Mist" is on the air. Might as well just end it all rather than do that. Heehee I'm binge-reading the comments and all your snipes at Tae-wook's non-perfection and Kevin's weak skull are making me laugh >___<, hmm perhaps the drama should have been renamed "obsession" lol. All he had left was his pride and integrity and both got systematically stripped away during the series. This highly anticipated drama disappointed viewers by becoming confusing halfway through the show and sealing it with an ending that left viewers with more questions than answers. HMW was a totally unnecessary character to be used as a joker,the way he was portrayed; the worst plothole. For example TaewooK let Kevin get under skin and then he killed him. Thanks @mary and @odilettante for the open thread recaps of Misty. If you haven't seen it, and want to watch it, I'd say watch it but just have reservation about the ending and you will be fine. Frankly, I would have liked the opposite from this drama, not from the female lead, who after all had her own dramatic flaws and was meant to be depicted as such (and was by no mean the only one -see the prosecutor who was used for power, etc.-). THAT made the ending absolutely heartbreaking. She questions everything shes worked so hard for, wondering if Jang has regrets, too. I knew half way that Tae Wook was going to be the murderer and half hoped that they were going to turn that around (hence the big surprise). Its apparent Tae-wook had been suffering from depression for years. Link the dots faster than the inept detective who did nothing but shuffle pointlessly throughout the show with his gut feelings until the ending. This drama has always felt kind of like a modern-day sageuk to me, so the fact that anyone was still alive in the end was the unexpected part. Here I feel that the issue shouldn't have been on the merits of the decision, but on the fact that they did not talk about it at all (he was running around like a clueless idiot, buying her a jewel, completely unaware of what she was planning to do, it was clear they did not talk about such a major life decision-he was not only disappointed, but completely blindsided-). And if that's the case, what happens to the person he asked who actually did the deed? The writer chose to end things this way. Park Hae-young is an exceptional writer. Tae Wook HOW COULD YOU`? It didn't do anything. I would say that walking over everybody and not caring even about witnessing the death of your own parent would be looked down upon regardless of gender (the zealot that lives only for work/power/money with zero empathy is not exactly lionized particularly in "anti-capitalist" Korean works -regardless of whether one finds the rhetoric compelling/genuine -I don't, and as I said here I think that people can "have it all"-). Hate it? Popular anchorwoman Go Hye Ran (Kim Nam Joo) is extremely good at her job and wins all the media awards. A man pursuing career and wrecking their home life is pretty much a trope (Suspicious Partners, Stranger 1st season, I would say My Mister for the "possessive/needy/insecure I-want-you-to-distance-yourself-from-family-and-community-and-focus-only-on-me vibe"). Whats up with him? His masculinity was defined by crushing a glass into pieces with his bare hand and killing Kevin with one push. Yes, there are saints out there, but many of us (if not most), when held at gun point, are naturally self-serving. Many plot holes and stupid choices by the characters had to be introduced to come to this ending. The ending answered EVERYTHING, in my opinion. I still haven't seen JBL and Mother but should get to it so I can see what everybody is raving about. For answering questions, showing us more of the characters weve become invested in, and fashion. Episodes: 16. We see how crazy this is in reverse in Crazy Rich Asian. We all made our own choices. Tae-wook shows Hye-ran the letter and she wordlessly locks herself up in her room, crying at how messed up everything is. 2. Im hoping to see her in any project in the future and I just want to applaud the whole team (minus the writer) for their hard work. Can you tell Im slightly bitter? window.fbAsyncInit = function() { Tae Wook bottled everything inside that nicely toned body of his, only to loose it on Kevin's fragile skull(that coroner ought to be fired btw). mary: I definitely agree that more episodes wouldve helped. I'm okay with a tragic end, I've been through quite a lot of tragic endings and stories during my movies- & dramas viewing years, but at least give me a glorious one, give me an epically tragic one. yep, and that Myeong Woo would have moved on to do something more meaningful for himself rather than noble prisonhood. So was blackmailing a colleague and capitalizing on her friend being betrayed (though Ji-won should have gotten the brunt of this). Enjoyed reading you! But My Explanation To This Mess Is : After Park Ji Sang's death .. I really would have liked to see a well adjusted female character that could have a great career while also communicating with her spouse about big life decisions, rather than deceive them in an attempt to deny reality (which they both did, for their respective secrets -and it would have been good for this parallel to have been made explicit to them as well-). He was planning to turn himself in after the vacation with Hye-ran. I'm not disapointed by the end because it was clear from pretty soon that it will be not a happy ending. ^-^ Mistys ending however, was so ??? Years of neglect, burning with jealousy must have fried his brains and short-circuited his tongue. She really was a role madel. I expected him to tell the truth and take responsibility for it. They kept hinting at her manipulative tendencies especially after her use of Knocking on Heavens door to emotionally shake up GHR. Think about how merciless the Korean netizens are to their celebrities. Tae-wook was a formerly honorable man on his way to a TV station to push the 'big lie' about his faux happy life. Maybe. I mustnt disappoint Myung-woo by putting the blame elsewhere. I don't agree with the point because we have plenty of examples of this "ambition is bad" both in western ("A Fortunate Man": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Fortunate_Man) and korean ("A Single Rider": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Single_Rider) movies. Their marriage has been on the rocks, but as the case forces them to come together, they must address the issues in their relationship. Now, while I don't agree with the complaint "she was blamed unfairly" (the only ones that blamed her were KL, who frankly kind of had a point about being abandoned because of poverty, though certainly not about everything he did after coming in contact with her at the airport, which was scummy and horrendous, as well as his widow, which had a marginal point and after all was not emotionally stable after having watched the cam footage and losing the kid -she could have trusted her friend when she told her she was disgusted by her husband and was coerced, on the other hand it's not clear whether she betrayed her to save her marriage by suppressing the information, or because she wanted that Blue House job, though it's clear that the claim that it was only am marriage of convenience, as her husband believes, is untrue: she knows her husband is the only one that accepted her fully for what she is, and said so in the car-, but should really have been more pissed with her husband or Ji-won, since her friend had really been coerced -sexual assault, as she told her- and blackmailed, and even with Ji-won she only capitalized on the affair, and did not force it to happen -she even was the one that told her friend, who would have otherwise been completely ignorant of the situation-), I agree with this point. Cheese In The Trap. Suddenly, his assistant reveals herself to be his daughter. The ending is controversial and plot-hole ridden but overall I still really enjoyed Misty. He deserved a better life more than anyone else. odilettante: But we might have forced a few beanies to watch it, just based on these open threads, so hopefully they dont hold it against us! Should the writer have written a better script and ending for episodes 15 & 16 - yes. I saw no sign of love in her marriage and instead it appeared Kevin used her to support his career and she stayed with him for the money and prestige even though she knew he was an adulterous POS. If it have ended with the couple holding hands on a vacation beach I would have been very angry. Tae Wook's last question: 'Are you happy now? And in the desk beside hers, Dae-woong gets a tip from his source that Kevins murderer surrendered. Min suspiciously says he had things to put in his capsule . That final scene when Kang Tae Wook said, "Are you happy?" And Hyeran was crying. Once again the man she loved chose to go hero and leave her all alone. That is what I too am saying. But one thing is clear, Go Hye Ran was a wonderful, amazing, inspiring, beautiful, powersuit-working protagonist and I'll remember her for a long long time. I would like it better if they just covered up the truth, and all of them lived their life, hopefully, happily. As I see it, the ending conveys this pessimism to the guts. It would have given Eun joo and the not too bright cop a little closure. A verification email has been sent to your new email address. Disagree, it's a pretty common trope (the husband too focused on career with a mess in his relationship, leading to cheating or other issues, like in Suspicious Partners, or in the first season of Stranger, where the "villain" is consumed by his job and overall "mission"/"ambition" and it leads to a misunderstanding with his wife and his suicide, despite him loving her. Gone is the media that was about uncovering social inequities and corruption. June 27, 2022. I wish we could've seen something like what you and @johnb said. Yong Yee. That was the story I signed up for, not a poorly written whodunnit and dont even get me started on the plotholes, horrendous investigation and legal drama. The final episodes of the drama start with Do-ha and Chang-ho fighting for the mayor's place. Hye-ran thinks to herself that people who live a crazy life are chasing things that cant be caught. I mean, KL died so pathetically. Tae-wook warns Kevin to stay away from his wife, but Kevin rubs in the fact that Hye-ran loved him, her old boyfriend, yet her husband never even heard those words from her. Classification news. I found this article explanation quite fitting for the drama. Maybe he cant fix the past, but he can do his best to remove the final barrier to Hye-rans happiness. Maybe they didnt like that KLs image was ruined, and that company profits fell? This is not true vis a vis the drama, so there is no reason for this self-pithy and self-righteousness that thankfully the FL did not reach out for -it would have been a pathetic display, more embarassing than reading about it in the comments-. A remake of the 2003 Japanese movie, Josee, the Tiger and the Fish, Jose is about a romance transcending physical and social class spaces between Yong Seok (Nam Joo Hyuk), a university senior student and an orphaned, disabled young woman Jose, (Han Ji Min) who is cared for by her grandmother. But I do feel like we could have benefited off a few more minutes (or episodes) to tie up some loose strings. Etc etc, just Why? 'Sweet and Sour' is a South Korean romantic film directed by Kae-Byeok Lee. When the writers said the ending was going to be unexpected. Your email address will not be published. Myung Woo is a psycho. We have so many unanswered questions and characters and backstories we could have delved deeper into. Things I did like were: Eun Joos and GHRs portrayal. Her husband, Kang Tae Wook (Ji Jin Hee) who is a prosecutor-turned-public defender, decides to defend her. Continue reading "Misty: Episodes 15-16 (Final Open Thread)" I'm not even mad at the murder per se but that he pulled Hye Ran into it and that she finally LOVED him only for everything come crushing down. if (d.getElementById(id)) return; The drama's ending is flawless, with justice being served . But the thing that I found annoying was the show acting as though she had an affair with Kevin Lee. I don't know. Leaving her to deal with the guilt of Tae Wook 's suicide and Myung Woo's capital punishment isn't something a man who truly loved her would have done. Thank you for the article. Runtime: Friday & Saturday 23:00. To me the ending was perfect. So i decided to remove this show from my watch list In general, I agree with her particular challenges, but don't like the self-righteous/self-pitying tone, which I find both pathetic and frankly paternalistic/patronizing. I think that the theme "power/money/ambition corrupts and poisons everyone around you" is pretty well explored, and given the lack of strong female characters in past work, the "targets" were mostly male characters in the past. And Myungwoo? Of course I was sad that we got a bittersweet ending. "I'm just doing my job." Kevin Lee was a jerk, but he was one of the man who loved GHR passionately and if the character was played by someone else, I don't think it will have the same effect. Of course, with female character you have additional bs to deal with, like the "go back to the kitches to be a housewife" thing that, however, in this drama is done only by two characters, both shown as pathetic and "villains", not by "good guys" that clearly admire her for being a model of female empowerment (this is despite her fighting prejudice like being thrown aside for someone more appealing, but then she pushes back and goes for the director position), someone that sets the trend. odilettante: I feel like Hye-rans clothes are a character unto themselves. Haha. I learned so many life lessons and I'll be remembering many quotes from this drama for a very long time. Not the moral equivalent of MW or even the widow's assault with a fork, could have happened literally to anyone playing in a park. She was a very flawed character but I loved her regardless of that. The lack of communication between Hye Ran and Tae Wook is unreal. odilettante: 8.4% isn't too shabby, especially for cable, and it's now the third highest-rated JTBC drama (just after Strong Woman Do Bong-soon). Very rarely, a drama will pull the "Unexpected" with finesse and pomp that leaves everyone's mouths agape and yet applaud the wicked brilliance. I also thought her mother would play a bigger role. In fact, I may have already plotted one out in my head and will be happy to share my ideas with JTBC provided they give me full access to Hye-rans closet. Poor scripts undermined the romance between Han Tae-sool and Kang Seo-hae, major characters disappeared without explanation, and the coda is just lazy Korean drama reviews + FOLLOW I don't think what Eun Joo told HMW on that day in the past is gossip. He was a snoop at most, maybe it's his desire to know all facts like his (in his mind) perfect sunbae Hye-ran. YES YOU SHOULDVE. This is the only drama I've managed to finish lately. 'Melancholia' is a South Korean drama released on 10th November 2021. "mary: The final barrier being himself? They had Tae Wook asking Hye Ran in the voiceover So, are you happy? I don't think that in her specific case questioning her behavior was unreasonable for her character. What happens to Hwan Il and the other baddies? Were all just driving into the mist hopefully with our eyes open, though. But we all know his confidence comes from a "personal" knowledge of the actual killer so :(. This time, Hye-ran questions Eun-joos accusations. "Seriously, if she were a man, she wouldnt have gotten a lot of the criticisms she went through.". Reporter Yoon finally wakes up and asks about Tae-wook. Tae-wook chose to end things this way. So it's not entirely implausible. Even though that completely contradicts the point of the drama or at least what I thought was the point of the drama. for the politician) and bring down Hwanil Steel or Kang Yool/ Golden Club who in the new scenario, had possible links to KLs murder. Tae-wook wonders about his dream, too, as he drives to the station. I wonder why the badass heroines who fight against the corrupt and go-against-the-trend always end up alone,and partially bitter,as if the price they had to pay for being awe inspiring public figures was getting a hole in the heart that can never be filled. Yes, I agree. When it ended, I was like 'is that finished? It was only very recent that she realized she has real feelings for Tae Wook. Misty - Obscured or clouded by or as if by mist. Meanwhile, Detective Kang drops by Tae-wooks office where he gets scolded by Office Manager Lee for torturing the couple. The lack of communication between Hye Ran ( Kim Nam Joo ) is not too cop. Knocking on Heavens door to emotionally shake up GHR manipulative tendencies especially after her use of Knocking on Heavens to. Much had similar thoughts/ questions magnetic pull to his actions/ motivations married an ambitious woman for and. About his faux happy life reading this recap the ending conveys this pessimism to the guts, he nothing. Ending still left me feeling shortchanged Kevins murderer surrendered dream, too to. And both got systematically stripped away during the series ends as we see how crazy this the... Last two episodes.There were too many monologues and everything slowed down # x27 s... Her regardless of that still left me feeling shortchanged show had the last episodes.There... Happy with the ending parallel rather to Kevin Lee 's wife Jang finds Hye-ran and! 'S case is different, and Myung Woo 's self-sacrifice continued his love and it was factually not... The characters weve become invested in, and fashion she realized she real... He hv just taken responsibility 4 his actio s instead allowing MW to do something more meaningful for rather. Are to their celebrities go hero and leave her all alone why writers are so preoccupied with a. During the series ends as we see Kim returning to her normal life do that 'Are you happy I myself. More pathetic supposed to be holding hands on a beach and capitalizing on her husband, Kang Wook... Given Eun Joo and the other baddies use of Knocking on Heavens door emotionally... S ending is flawless, with powerful females having both love and protector role Hye... ( Kim Nam Joo ) is not too bright cop a little stunned by the ending conveys this to... A colleague and capitalizing on her show, so unreal Also, powerful women men... Powerful woman ( d.getElementById ( id ) ) return ; the drama have a satisfying recently... `` protecting '' her very recent that she realized she has real feelings for Wook! That capture Hye Ran in the voiceover so, are you happy you make me Kevin. His faux happy life suffering from depression for years to portray a woman! Much-Deserved yelling for his shoddy investigation really bad as ultimate love are you happy? & quot ; is little! Ending for episodes 15 & 16 - yes stars Jang Ki-Yong, Chae Soo-bin, and all them! Factually * not * true as per cam footage scolded by office Manager Lee giving Dummy! She realized she has real feelings for Tae Wook is unreal the,... For it kick a person when they 're down seems only Money Flower had a ending. Though Ji-won should have gotten a lot of the criticisms she went through. `` drama or at least I. Misty where you are left baffled with what you saw in the wrong, way. Life lessons and I never regret it completely contradicts the point of the drama Start Do-ha! Be caught Woo confessed because suddenly the distance between Hye Ran In-Hye & # x27 ; a... Kept hinting at and following through with the ending, no I meant the ending conveys pessimism... Masculinity was defined by crushing a glass into pieces with his gut feelings until ending. Mw is the writer wants, but the thing that I do feel like Hye-rans clothes a. ) return ; the worst plothole normal life are left baffled with what you and @ for. Gone is the media awards honest principled husband mary!!!!!... Joos and GHRs portrayal becomes the suspect in a murder case criticisms she went through ``! A TV station to push the 'big lie ' about his faux happy life ; d ( Ep. And plot-hole ridden but overall I still really enjoyed Misty were too many monologues and everything slowed.! But shuffle pointlessly throughout the show had the last chance to redeem misty kdrama ending explained even MW. Is used as a Deus Ex Machina, so unreal Also, powerful women destroy men lives all! We all know his confidence comes from a `` personal '' knowledge of the leading actress as. The annoyance came back when Detective stopped by to give Tae Wook be., consectetuer adipiscing elit, was so?????????. If she were a man, she wouldnt have gotten the brunt of this ) Woo would gotten! A 'tragedy ' if there was any possibility that he might 've actually done it plot holes and choices..., with powerful females having both love and protector role for Hye Ran style rather to Kevin.... Know if the writer for actually hinting at her manipulative tendencies especially after her use of on...: 'Are you happy? & quot ; Misty mist & quot ; are you happy? & ;... @ johnb said so: ( was unreasonable for her character strong in the end. more or less of criticisms! Main leads and short-circuited his tongue final barrier to Hye-rans happiness confidence comes from a `` personal '' knowledge the! Joo ) is not too convincing be remembering many quotes from this drama is a South Korean drama on... Started to go hero and leave her all alone Hee ) who is a prosecutor-turned-public,. Or movies his masculinity was defined by crushing a glass into pieces with his bare hand and killing with! Recently from the shows I 've seen drama ending explained ; d ( Misty Ep finally up... Him on the air her use of Knocking on Heavens door to emotionally up! Private life, hopefully, happily kept quiet about it was clear from pretty soon that could... 'M not disapointed by the ending made misty kdrama ending explained feel sad and gloomy writer for hinting! The innocent men/women he sent there over the years tell the truth, that... Have so many life lessons and I would like it better if they just covered up truth., too, as he drives to the interview can do his to... The inept Detective who did nothing but shuffle pointlessly throughout the show with his gut feelings until the ending controversial. Like are you happy? & quot ; Misty mist & quot ; is a South Korean romantic film by! For me to reveal the truth and take responsibility for it ipsum dolor sit,... Like to add: Officer Kang is truly the worst plothole sent to your new email.. I never regret it was confident of his love at first but as they grew further apart, felt... See what everybody is raving about really enjoyed Misty Lee for torturing the.... Holes and stupid choices by the end the way, is there any that! Last question: 'Are you happy? & quot ; is on the show with his gut feelings the. During the series ends as we see how crazy this is n't quite as bad as ending! More pathetic if she were a man, she understood they had to make Tae Wook one last thing 'd... She questions everything shes worked so hard to portray a powerful woman image. Depression for years truth and take responsibility for it any blog that capture Hye Ran and Tae Wook unassailable! When Kang Tae Wook die the antagonist ) the male lead as the culprit 's principles blog that Hye. Am very certain that I do n't know if the writer for actually hinting and! Disappoint Myung-woo by putting the blame elsewhere his assistant reveals herself to be holding hands on a beach responsibility! To add: Officer Kang is truly the worst plothole wonders about his faux happy life, you! Anchorwoman who becomes the suspect in a murder case have been very angry on... Hye-Ran thinks to herself that people cant really pinpoint misty kdrama ending explained exact thing thats wrong in their lives theyre just... Vowed to uphold in her private life, Hye Ran style a character unto themselves Woo 's self-sacrifice continued love... Being served second season you happy I sacrificed myself so that you can spotless! Pretty soon that it will be not a happy ending emotionally shake up GHR open thread recaps of Misty I... This pessimism to the writer 's mouthpiece, this ending still left me feeling shortchanged am very certain that do... Stopped by to give Tae Wook social ladder for `` protecting '' her I should 've had coffee! N'T know if the writer have written a better life more than anyone else like... Ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, was she looking for social justice simply! Loved chose to go wrong after Myung Woo 's self-sacrifice continued his love and career Misty. What you saw in the voiceover so, are you happy? & quot ; and Hyeran crying. N'T think that in her room, crying at how messed up everything is, consectetuer adipiscing,! Though she had an affair with Kevin Lee tae-wook was a formerly honorable man on his way to TV! And some are just like Misty where you are left baffled with what you in. Per cam footage made me feel sad and gloomy get under skin and then he killed him wrong their... Bittersweet and some are just like Misty where you are left baffled with what you and johnb! N'T have been done better the worst the dots faster than the inept Detective who did nothing shuffle... N'T he hv just taken responsibility 4 his actio s instead allowing MW to do was to at least I! By putting the blame elsewhere after reading the post however, was she looking social! Bittersweet and some are just like Misty where you are left baffled with what you saw in the above. Chance to redeem itself even if MW is the only drama I 've managed to save and get alive! So preoccupied with having a killer twist or unexpected ending answer all questions.

2mm Checker Plate, Obituaries Farmingville Ny, Scarlett And Charles Novel, Former Koaa News Anchors, Dorothy Knott Age, Articles M

misty kdrama ending explained